I’ve Been Tagged! Thursday, June 28, 2007Posted by henry000 in Blogs, Daniel Dennett, Dennett, electronica, Inca Trail, Machu Pichu, Peru, weight loss.
I am honoured to have been tagged by Scientia Natura! So I will for the first time write a post that is not atheism nor evolution related.
Basically the idea of been tagged is that you write 8 things about yourself, post it and tag 8 other people. Before I do that, here are the rules that I must follow:
1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
So here are 8 little things about me.
- I love electronica music – not the usual Euro-trash or pop dance music, but the more underground ones. These include psychedelic trance, goa, ambience and some drum and bass – all of them which are sometimes termed collectively as intelligent dance music. Some of the more famous musicians include Aphex Twin, Autechre and Orbital.
- My favourite book of all time is perhaps Darwin’s Dangerous Idea by Dan Dennett. I found a copy of it on a book shelf during a time when I was having a big argument with my closest friend on, well, the topic evolution vs. creationism. That book enlightened me tremendously and opened my eyes to reason, science and the dangers of religion. It also introduced me to Richard Dawkins and atheism. The rest is history.
- I lost around 25kg (around 55 pounds) of weight in about 6 months several years ago – and that made a big positive change in me in terms of self confidence. If anyone interested in how I did it, let me know. 😉
- I went to Machu Pichu in Peru in 2004, and trekked the magnificent Inca Trail – one of the most best one in the world. It was a truly unforgettable and spiritual experience… oh the wonderful scenery and those spectacular and mysterious ancient monuments…
- I am a chocoholic.
- I was a great fan of the now infamous book Chariots of the Gods by Erich von Daniken back in my teen years. I completely believed in it, and I used to get quite frightened by the theme of the book that the early human history as we know today is all wrong because aliens had visited us in our remote past. Well, now that I know how to think rationally, of course I no longer believe it that. However I still maintain a soft spot for the book because it has raised my interest in our remote past.
- I enjoy sport, particularly basketball, all racket sports and cricket. I am a keen follower of the NBA and play squash, badminton, tennis and table tennis socially. I also enjoy soccer (or football in the US). I think the only ball sport I don’t like is golf.
- I can spin a book on my finger – just like people spinning a basketball. 🙂